Moving can be an overwhelming task, but these pages have many great tips to help keep your move on track and reduce the stress! Please check out some of these pages for professional movers and tips to help you along the way!
If you had a good moving experience and would like to recommend a moving company, please contact us! We can share on our site!
Moving Check List
Before You Move:
- Schedule Royer Realty’s Moving Truck (Weekends book quickly - give us plenty of notice)
- Notify post office, charge accounts, credit card companies, utility companies, past employer (for tax return purposes), subscriptions, family and friends, etc. of address change
- Check on utility services - gas, electric, water, telephone, etc.
- Disconnect utilities and get refunds for any deposits made
- Close out local bank accounts and set up new bank account, if necessary
- Notify insurance companies of new location for coverage
- Obtain school records, legal records and other important documents
- Obtain medical records and history, transfer prescriptions, and research/request referrals for doctors, dentists, specialists, veterinarians, etc. in new town
- Use up perishables, defrost freezer, clean refrigerator
- Prepare large appliances and rugs for proper moving
- Notify and register children in new school
- Request a relocation package from your REALTOR® or the city's Chamber of Commerce
On Moving Day:
- Double check rooms, closets, and cabinets for possible items left behind
- Make sure children have books and games to keep entertained during travel
- Prepare pets for transportation
- Carry jewelry, medications and important documents on your person
- Leave all old keys needed for new tenant with your REALTOR®
At Your New Address:
- If relocating to new state, register car within 5 days of arrival and apply for state driver's license
- If staying within state, obtain a driver's license with your new address on it - Ohio BMV
- Register children in school if you haven't done so already - Local Schools
- Set up new patient appointments with doctors, dentist, etc.
- Update your voter registration with the Ohio Secretary of State
- Explore your neighborhood!
Moving with Pets:
- Check out this article about moving with your pets: